Job Experience: 3 year
No. of Vacancies:
Location(s): Dhaka, Bangladesh
- This Regional Security Office (RSO) locally employed staff (LE staff) position is responsible for providing comprehensive emergency response services to all agencies within the mission. The incumbent performs a wide range of emergency preparedness activities, to include but not limited to: program coordination, recruitment and training of first responders, and community outreach. Program Coordination - incumbent coordinates writing and coordinating annual updates of post's unclassified Emergency Action Plan (EAP); incumbent tracks and coordinates host nation emergency response personnel who have attended Anti-Terrorism Assistance (ATA) training; incumbent manages post's safe haven emergency supplies inventory; incumbent researches, plans, implements, and evaluates mission-wide drill program; incumbent coordinates floor warden program and assists with residential sector warden program. Recruitment and Training - incumbent recruits and trains Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) first responders, floor wardens, sector wardens, and guards; incumbent briefs LE staff new-hires on post emergency preparedness. Incumbent is the LE staff coordinator for residential security program. Additional duties include VIP protection and conducting background investigations. Occasional travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree in Arts, Commerce, or Science (U.S. equivalent college studies) is required. (You must attach a copy of your bachelor's degree certificate along with your application form.)
- Three years' experience in administrative, security, emergency planning, emergency response or disaster management required.
- Level 4 (Fluent) Bangla and English Speaking/Reading/Writing is required. This may be tested.
- Must be computer literate and show proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to maintain extensive contacts with working level officials from local law enforcement and emergency response agencies; exercise initiative and resourcefulness in obtaining information and should be able to draft concise reports in English and Bangla. The ability to structure information into informative and concise reports is essential. Must be able to comprehend Department of State operation manuals and procedures and implement guidance accordingly. Must be able to receive verbal instructions and implement concepts and goals to completion without significant supervision. Must be able to interact with large and small audiences with confidence and tact (briefings, training, etc.).
As Per Company Policy